Google

Friday, December 28, 2007

Learning Car Driving......

As you must have guessed from title..yep, i am trying to learn how to drive a car without bumping it to others... ;) I have taken some 15 days course.. and yesterday for first time i drove my own car.. not alone..with my hubby sitting on my side.. When i used to drove that instructor's car, i used to think that i was doing good.. but yesterday's drive shook all my myths.. It is quite different to drive with a instructor who has full control in his hand..n giving u step by step instruction then when u r driving ur own car .. Till now whenever i used to make mistake my instructor himself used to correct it, even without my knowledge.. He used to guide me gear changes.. but when i was left to my own descretion, i found it little difficult to coordinate b/w gears and speed.. Yesterday after having filmy jump on speed breaker, i realized my mistake.. i thought gear is used to maintain the speed.. but just today morning i came to know its vice versa.. we dont change gears to change the speed but as we have changed the speed, for supporting it, we need to change the gear.. my instructor just told me that on speed breaker change it to second gear... but what was missing was.. if one is at 4th gear and good speed..first apply breaks.. n since it is a hard break, press clutch along( to prevent stoping of engine) .. then since ur speed came down to somewhere 20, u need to change the gear to 2nd..... I know these things come with practise only.. Anyways..till now it has been fun.. m trying to find funda behind each of my instructor's guidelines.. Trying to remember them..

Guys wish me luck.. i just wish that by next month i can drive at my own... both front side n reverse side :D

11 Comments:

At 29 December, 2007, Blogger Sumit Goel said...

Hi
It's superb that ..now u have started driving ur own car ..u know wat ..I also faced and still facing similar probs..n yah it's superb way to remember the mistakes done by one...keep it up and best of luck!

 
At 29 December, 2007, Blogger Kiran said...

Hey..tell me in what routes you are going,when you are driving....

I will make sure, I am not there around on road...cant take risk ..hahahaaa

Just kidding!

Anyway, hope you learn driving soon and give me lift sometime :)

 
At 31 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jab pati ho patni ke saath
tho kis liye instructor ka haath


"Guys wish me luck.. i just wish that by next month i can drive at my own... both front side n reverse side :D"

Quite creative. Being more creative -
Steering wheels you can drive left and right also.

 
At 31 December, 2007, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

\\Sumit.. Thanks a lot..

\\Kiran..U can't escape.. i normally travel to office only

\\Benglooru.. Yeah left n right too :)

 
At 01 January, 2008, Blogger Cindrella said...

All the best to ones who sits beside u :)

 
At 02 January, 2008, Blogger Keshi said...

Happy New Year Pritika!

I love driving...u can tell Im a good driver. :)

Keshi.

 
At 03 January, 2008, Blogger KP said...

good luck with driving....;)

Happy nu year.....

 
At 03 January, 2008, Blogger Kiran said...

If you normally travel to office, then thats fine :)

I am in office bus then....

 
At 03 January, 2008, Blogger david santos said...

Hi Pritika!
Have a lovely, happy, healthy and successful 2008!

 
At 01 June, 2009, Blogger djdumass said...

And now you can drive supaaaar!!! :)

 
At 01 August, 2009, Blogger workhard said...

Hey wish you all the best in your endeavor..

A month back, i wanted to enroll myself in the so called Driving Schools, but seeing the traffic, and contemplating on my road crossing skills, dropped the idea... i think i ll wait for some more time, till im mentally prepared to be in the traffic on 4 wheels..


Work from home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home