Google

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Greater Battle lies with in........

Hi all this is Pritika reporting from Toronto... I am here on Project...n will be here for 5 mths......

Few mths back when i was told infact when i was asked for whether i am ready for this oppurtunity or not..considering this was my first onsite in 3 years s/w career ..i jumped over it.. Therefore astonishing my PM and other colleagues..afterall at that time i was only 3 mths married gal ready to go abroad leaving my groom alone for so long......:D.......But when i told this to my hubby..he behaved perfectly normal..thank god i have got an understanding hubby....he knew it was my dream and can mean a lot to my career..n he will never come in my way.......So in n all i was a Happy gal...

Then day came when my visa processing started..so we have to break this news to my parents..his parents..n sisters... n all of sudden came a twist in story..i though they will be happy for me..but they became worried..first worry how will i leave alonein unknown country.. secondly wud i be able able to survive without DK for so longs...OOps.... In my excitement i completely missed the second part...!!!

To me it was my first onsite oppur.. it was my dream.. it was my ambition n major move in my career..after this i would be counted in one of senior employee in my team..thus more respect(Thou responsibilties too:( ).. last but not least it meant money for my dream house..house about which i have lot of plans..but they need money, dont they?? But now to this new angle came..that is emotional...
Thou till last week of my travel we both tried to behave perfectly normal with each other... But finally dam of emotion broke... and there i was struggling... On one side was my dream , ambition and money..on other side was attachment n emotions... I fall ill... to the extent that doctor asked me to postpone the trip... But thanks to my hubby ..who took care of every thing..starting from my health to my packing.. Its becoz of him i am here... He became my biggest strength to fight for my dreams..which i wud have regreted if missed.......:)

Thanks dear hubby!! Thanks for being there.....!!! I wish u can soon come somewhere near by canada...

3 Comments:

At 23 May, 2007, Blogger AVIANA said...

Hi Chicki!!!

I'm first!!! Yay!

Congrats on the offer! I know it comes with some emotional displeasure but be happy you have a chance to feel this way. Not everyone has that type of relationship and love you have with your hubby! Awesome that he is not holding you back! He is pushing you forward and the relationship forward!

Hey, if it's any consolation, at least you'll be closer to me! :) :) :) :)

thanks for stopping by!

 
At 24 May, 2007, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

hey lisa thanks for consolation..:)

 
At 24 May, 2007, Blogger chitra said...

hi

Congrats, dear. I know it is a tough decision to take, but opportunities come once.

BTW, Priya of http://priablog.blogspot.com/ stays in Canada. She has become a v.good friend of mine. She can be of some help to you in that unknown city.

Best of luck and Take good care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home